Now, you cast Windows 10 to Smart TV. As you all know Chromecast works exceptionally well within the Android – Chrome Environment, The while you step out of Google’s divine garden, you get to know that windows users have little choice. You won’t be able to cast any local media stored on your Windows 10 device you’re unable to cast it on Android TV.
You are only able to cast using chrome browser. So if you are looking for a solution that how to cast windows 10 on Smart TV or Any Smart Device so you’re at the correct place. Here, We show you how to set up screen mirroring from Windows 10 to android TV or for that matter, any other smart device using miracast. So let’s start with the topic.
Cast Windows 10 to Smart TV in 2020
Requirement for cast Windows 10 to Smart TV.
- Miracast Support Smart TV.
- Miracast Support for Windows Laptop or Desktop.
- Both Smart TV and Windows 10 computer should be connected to same WIFI
Check out Miracast of Your Smart TV or Android TV
Open the Run Window by pressing Win + R. After opening Run Window Enter dxdiag and press enter.
After running this command it will open Directx Diagnostic Tool. Click on Save all Information and save the file where you want to save.
Once the file is saved. Open the file which is in Text Format and search for the “Miracast”. If this is available then you are good to ge ahead.
If it shows that miracast is available but not supported with graphics driver then you can install Intel Driver Assitant and update all the drivers.
Check out Miracast Support for Windows 10.
For running Miracast on Smart TV. Your Smart TV should have latest android version. As i’m using latest Android 9.0 for this practical. In Android 9.0 Miracast feature is available in almost Smart TV’s.
- On the Smart TV check for “+” sign which is available in Apps Section.
- After finding + you will be able to add miracast feature in favorite apps section. If it’s now visible there you can add it from settings under Apps and see all Apps.
- After adding miracast feature. Open Miracast app and then you have get wireless display feature. You should be on Apps Screen while casting from windows 10 to Smart TV.
Cast Windows 10 using Miracast
- Now, Coming to your Windows 10 Computer and use key Windows + K to open connect windows on right side of your screen.
- If in case connect windows is not pop-up. You can open it from Settings -> System -> Display. Scroll down then you will find Connect to a Wireless Display.
- Now, it will search for near-by wireless display and within few seconds your Smart TV will show.
- If it is not showing your Smart TV. Make sure that Miracast is open on your Smart TV and both devices are connected to the same WiFi Network.
- If step 4 is correctly done. Then, you will be able to see your TV on Wireless Display search. Now click on your Smart TV.
- Now you will be able to see your windows 10 on your Smart TV just like a Chromecast. You can play music and it will give you output from Smart TV Speakers, Browsing on internet, play games and lot more.
- Here is great feature if you want to use both display separately you can use windows + p and choose extend.